- Why is it so socially unacceptable to eat alone? There is no greater look of fear on one’s face than when they walk into the cafeteria after paying for their meal, and can’t find someone to sit with. Somehow it’s okay if you take a book with you, but most people, myself included, are more likely to eat at their desks than sit at a table alone.
- Who was the first to make a movie trailer with the structure of:
1) Show various clips from the movie, with That Movie Trailer Guy doing voiceovers, and some sort of exciting music playing in the background
2) Show movie title (bonus points if it’s animated)
3) Show another clip from the movie.
a) If it’s an action/thriller, it will be some tense moment where our hero(es) are moving very slowly in some sort of dangerous situation
b) If it’s a comedy, someone will make a witty remark
c) This leads to….
4) A BIG swell in the music or a loud bang or some other kind of startling noise, and then… BANG!
5) Show the date the movie comes out
- I finally went and did it: I bought a Coldplay song from iTunes. Dammit. I was quite happy being in the camp of “No, Coldplay isn’t all that great” but that damn song “The Scientist” wormed its way into my subconscious. I attribute it to my complete lack of discrimination when it comes to the music I listen to, and that bad habit I have of liking any song I hear enough times.
- I have now officially heard Outkast’s “Hey Ya” on six stations here: 94.9, 97.3, 104.9, 105.3, 106.1, and 106.5. 94.9 and 106.1 and I can understand, and maybe even 104.9 and 105.3. But “Mix” 106.5? Come on. That just seems like blatantly capitalizing on a popular song.
- Do plants feel pain?