A couple not-so-exciting tidbits:
I watched the VMAs last night. 4 hours of mind-numbing fun. Highlights included:
- Michael Jackson coming onstage for his 44th birthday and thinking he had won the “Artist of the Millenium” award, when in fact, there is no such award.
- Pink’s drunken acceptance speech (“I don’t make videos…. So congratulations to you! Thanks.”)
- Avril Lavigne saying “aboot” during her acceptance speech.
- Jimmy Fallon’s impression of Enrique Iglesias’ mole.
- The we’re-live-but-it-sure-doesn’t-look-like-it feel of the show
- Eminem’s performance and him later threatening to punch Moby
- Rahul’s unyielding anger while watching the show
In other news, Mike Metzger visited EA today to sign autographs and pose for pictures. While he was in some sort of press conference thingy, his wife and 15-month-old baby daughter were just sort of hanging out in the KOK area. His daughter kept walking into my cube and banging everything she could get her hands on. She played with my exam frog for a while, then went away, and then when her mom was in another room, she came up to me and put her arms out. So I picked her up and put her on my lap, at which point she began furiously banging on my keyboard. She somehow managed to completely clear the animation file I was working on, which is amazing because I didn’t even know that was possible. Then she picked up my cell phone and kept saying “Hello? Hello? Who is this?” although coming from her, it sounded more like “Haaoo? Haaooo? Hoozssst?” Then she amused herself for a couple minutes by flipping my lamp on and off. Ah, to be a baby again.